1. About Credit Card Security
All transactions are sent over the internet using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) to PayPal. We do not store any of your financial details (Credit Card information).
2. What information we collect and how
The information we collect via the Remote Service and the In-Home Service may include:
- Any personal details you submit, such as name, address, e-mail address, etc;
- Details of your PC settings and file information;
- A record of your use of our support service;
3. What we do with your information
Any personal data we collect during your use of the support service will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable laws. The details we collect will be used:
- To rectify the problems you have reported to us, to maintain guarantee records and to provide after-sales service. and
- To comply with legal requirements.
We would also like to inform you of various promotions, goods and services that may be of interest to you. You may be contacted by post, email, telephone, SMS or such other means as we regard as appropriate, including new technology. You may unsubscribe at any time by simple emailing us at email@example.com
4. Sensitive information
To allow us to perform computer services you permit us access to your private personal files held on your computer, however we will not access or read any of the following:
- My Documents folder;
- Your Internet History;
- Your Recent Documents list; or
- Your Internet Cache
5. Your rights
- You can ask us to update your personal information by emailing precise details of your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure you type "update" in the subject line of your email.
- You can ask us not to send you future marketing communications. To do this, simply email email@example.com Type "No Marketing" in the subject line and then the following in the main text:-
your full name;your postal address, including postcodeyour email address
We will then suppress your data from all direct marketing, although we will still keep it for processing your order and fulfilling customer service and after sale obligations.
Alternatively, you can post your request to the address in (3) below.
- You also have the right to request a copy of any personal information we hold about you. To do this, simply write to us at the following address giving us as much detail as possible about your request and enclosing a cheque for £10 payable to Computer Upkeep Limited to cover our administration costs:-
Customer Services (Data Subject Request)
Computer Upkeep Limited
Unit 19, 33 Nobel Square
Burnt Mills Industrial Estate